Goldstein, Tanen & Trench, P.A.
One Biscayne Tower
Two South Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, Florida 33131
Jeffrey Tanen, a founding partner of the firm, concentrates his practice in real estate and business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, purchases and sales of commercial and high- end residential property and leasing transactions. Mr. Tanen also serves as a general counsel to many of the firm’s clients.
Jeffrey utilizes his accounting background, having been certified as a Public Accountant in the State of Florida since 1971, and his tax background having been associated with the New York firm of Roberts and Holland for several years prior to forming Goldstein & Tanen, P.A. in 1981.
- Florida, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1975
- U.S. Tax Court, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, 1975 – Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1971 B.A., political science; AAB, accounting – Honors: Cum Laude
- Private Annuities – Closed Transactions?, 28 University of Miami Law Review 445, 1974
- Survey of Florida Law – Civil Procedure, 30 University of Miami Law Review 1, 1975
- Survey of Florida Law – Civil Procedure, 31 University of Miami Law Review 869, 1977
- Florida Corporate Taxes: The Legislature Abandons the Internal Revenue Code, 55 Florida Bar Journal 606, 1981
Honors and Awards:
- Editor-in-Chief, University of Miami Law Review, 1974 – 1975
- Member, Society of Wig and Robe
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Florida Bar
- Member, Real Property Section
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Beta Alpha Psi
- 1948, Lynn, Massachusetts, United States of America